Understanding and Overcoming Misophonia, 2nd edition Ebook
A Conditioned Aversive Reflex Disorder
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: June 2017
File Size: 3707 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The 2nd edition includes recent research of brain imaging studies and physical response studies of individuals when triggered. It includes over 50% new information compared to the first edition, including more management techniques, personal stories of individuals with misophonia and their families, treatment techniques for young children, and data on a treatment that reduces misophonia severity by 50%.
Does the sound of other people chewing fill you with rage? Do certain sights and sounds make you crazy when they don’t bother anyone else? If so, you are not alone. Although not well known, misophonia is quite common, and there is hope. Are you tired of misophonia ruining your life? Are you ready to tackle your misophonia (or help a loved one)? If so, this book is for you.
Recent brain imaging research indicates misophonia is a “soft-wired” neurological condition where a person has a strong emotional response of anger or disgust to specific sounds. The brain of a misophonic person being triggered does respond differently than someone without misophonia. The fMRI images are included.
Triggers for some might be hearing someone chewing. For others, it is the sound of sniffling or breathing. Many people also have visual triggers such as seeing someone chew gum. There are a lot of common triggers, but there are also some that are very unusual and unique. Almost any sound or sight can be a misophonia trigger for someone.
Misophonia can be upsetting and annoying, or it can be a debilitating condition. The book includes one story of getting Social Security disability for misophonia. Misophonia severity does vary, but it generally gets worse with time. There are important management techniques that are helpful to almost everyone.
Recent brain imaging research indicates misophonia is a “soft-wired” neurological condition where a person has a strong emotional response of anger or disgust to specific sounds. The brain of a misophonic person being triggered does respond differently than someone without misophonia. The fMRI images are included. The good news is that “soft-wired” brain connections can change.
Treatment for misophonia is still being developed and data collected. There are no published treatment studies on misophonia. Although there are no proven treatments that work for everyone, there are treatments that work for many. With proper management and treatment there is hope for reducing the horrible effects of this condition.
This book will help you understand what this mysterious condition is doing to you (or help you understand what someone close to you is experiencing). It explains how misophonia develops and expands with time, and why those little sounds cause a person SO much distress.
The book gives you many techniques that will help you manage this condition. Existing treatment options are described. There is hope.
With proper management and treatment, most people can greatly reduce the effects of misophonia in their life.
Developing misophonia has been a journey. Overcoming misophonia is also a journey, and it is a journey that can provide much relief for this horrible condition. It is journey that you should start today.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.