Understanding Multiple Sclerosis Ebook
Publication Date: August 2011
File Size: 1182 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing 20 pages every 20 days is allowed.
- Copying 20 text selections every 20 days is allowed.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Two-and-a-half million people world-wide and 400,000 Americans suffer from the chronic disease multiple sclerosis. Understanding Multiple Sclerosis presents both general information about MS and valuable, specific advice.
Who gets MS? What are its symptoms? What are its effects on the bodies and minds of people afflicted? How does one plan for the future after a diagnosis? From basic biology to new advances in treatment, Understanding Multiple Sclerosis covers the topics most relevant to people with MS and to their families and friends.
- Introduction to genetic, demographic, and geographic factors
- Basic biology of MS, with descriptions of both the central nervous system and the immune system
- Characteristic symptoms of MS
- Diagnostic criteria and different types of MS
- Treatments, over-the-counter medica-tions, and alternative medicines
- Lifestyle adjustments and coping strate-gies along with advice on long-term health insurance and financial planning
- Current and ongoing MS research and advances
Melissa Stauffer of Daphne, Alabama, is a freelance science editor whose work has appeared in Biochemistry , _ Journal of Biological Chemistry_ , Journal of Biomolecular NMR , and FEBS Letters .
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $12.39. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.