Understanding Panic and Other Anxiety Disorders Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
A patient’s guide to panic disorder, panic attacks, and other stress-related maladies Download Plain Text version Twenty years ago panic disorder was often misunderstood and misdiagnosed. Its symptoms frequently mimicked non-psychiatric diseases, making it a mystery to both doctors and patients. Sufferers filled emergency rooms and doctors’ offices and endured countless general examinations that revealed nothing. In Understanding Panic and Other Anxiety Disorders, Benjamin Root, a practicing psychiatrist since 1986, gathers the very latest research and news on the newest pharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatments for panic disorder and many other related afflictions, such as social phobia and generalized anxiety disorders. Much of what Root brings to the book are new findings and tested therapeutic techniques. The symptoms of panic disorder were long underreported and doctors faced a diagnostic puzzle in working with the disease. The term “panic disorder” was not even in common discussion among psychiatrists until recently. Now a great number of medications have come to market to benefit those suffering from this debilitating condition. Studies have revealed that panic disorder alone will affect up to 3.5 percent of the American population. This book is designed for people struggling to understand this highly prevalent disorder as well as other related syndromes. Chapters cover the symptoms of panic disorder and related problems. Other chapters detail the behavior and effects of panic disorder and outline the latest treatments. The final chapters of the book explore the ongoing search for a more complete understanding and more consistent cures for anxiety syndromes. For both the afflicted and family members helping a patient recover and attain peace of mind, Understanding Panic and Other Anxiety Disorders provides a valuable sourcebook. Benjamin Root is in private practice at Mississippi Neuropsychiatric Clinic in Ridgeland, Mississippi, and is a clinical assistant professor in the department of psychiatry and human behavior at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.