Understanding Roman Inscriptions Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: September 2002
File Size: 7192 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Lawrence Keppie’s book offers the non-specialist a comprehensive and enjoyable guide to undestanding the texts of Roman inscriptions, as well as explaining the numerous different contexts in which they were produced.
Every area of Roman life is covered, including:
- the emperor
- temples and altars to the gods
- imperial administration
- gravestones and tomb monuments
- local government and society
- the army and the frontiers
- trade, commerce and the economy
- the later Roman Empire.
For each inscription cited, the book provides the original Latin, an English translation and a commentary on the piece’s significance. Illustrated with more than 80 photos and drawings, this is the ideal introduction to the most important source for the history and organisation of the Roman Empire.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $46.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.