Unlock Their Future Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
English is an important subject today. It is also a difficult subject to teach. Large heterogeneous classes, anachronistic syllabi, boring textbooks boringly taught and purposeless examinations demotivate students from taking English seriously at college. In the twenty-first century there is a need for professionals to be adept at writing, speaking and understanding English because they have to communicate well with native English-speaking clients. Our graduates need to be trained in these linguistic competencies while in college. Unlock their Future: A Skills-based Approach to Teaching and Learning English offers practical methods and strategies for preparing students from the metros as well as the small towns in English language skills required in their professional lives. The authors sincerely hope that this book will bring freedom to many English-shy students and corporates and make this a standard for teaching of English language. Contents: •Introduction Viney Kirpal and Shridhar B. Gokhale • Spoken English: Some Remarks on the Teaching of Spoken English and Conversational English Shridhar B. Gokhale • How Much English Speech Does a Teacher Need? Teaching Spoken English and the Indian Teacher Sudhakar Marathe • Computer Assisted Language Learning T. Ravichandran • Writing Skills: Everything is an Argument: A Thematic Approach to Teaching the English Course Sharmita Lahiri • How I Teach Paragraph and Essay Writing Viney Kirpal • Reading Skills: Teaching Prose Prabha Sampath • Reading Better and Faster Viney Kirpal • Note Taking Skills Niloufer Aga • Grammar and Word Power Development •Teaching of Grammar Shridhar B. Gokhale • Teaching of Grammar and Vocabulary Simon G. Bernabas • Enriching Vocabulary Shirin Shaikh • Teaching Language to Large Classes Madhuri Gokhale • Using a Dictionary Shridhar B. Gokhale • Remedial English: A Case Study Viney Kirpal •The Testing of Language Skills Shridhar B. Gokhale • English for Professional Purposes • Writing Emails Viney Kirpal • English for Specific Purposes About the Authors: Dr. (Ms) Viney Kirpal is President of GREAT Foundation Pune, an NGO, and CEO of Global Institute of Integrated Training, a corporate training institute in Pune. She was earlier Professor of English, and Head, Humanities and Social Sciences at IIT Bombay where she taught from 1974 to 1997. Since 1998, she has trained over 7000 teachers in Effective Teaching skills and above 19,000 corporate professionals in English and other soft skills. Dr. Shridhar B Gokhale is a Professor of English at the University of Pune. The areas of his interest are Phonetics and Spoken English, Grammar, Stylistics and ELLT. He has coordinated Pune University’s ELT project undertaken in collaboration with the Government of UK, and the ACEN Interactive Course in Phonetics and Spoken English. He is the winner of the Principal V. K. Joag Teacher Award (2001).
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.57. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.