Using Technology to Support Learning and Teaching Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
The climate of Higher Education is changing rapidly. The students are more likely to see themselves as consumers and have increasingly high expectations regarding teaching and learning. Universities are in part aiming to meet this need by increasing the use of technology; for example, whether to increase access to teaching materials outside the classroom or to make lectures more interactive. Although there is no illusion amongst Higher Education intuitions that technology is a panacea, it is clear that technology is a vital tool in meeting expectations and one that will be used more and more. Consequently the context of this book is one in which technology needs to be understood as part of an overall teaching practice.
Technology continues to move on a pace and is used increasingly within Higher Education to support and enhance teaching and learning. There are books which are steeped in technical detail and books which are steeped in theoretical pedagogy with little discussion about the impact on learning and student/teacher behaviour. Using Technology to Support Learning and Teaching fills a gap in the market by providing a jargon free (but pedagogically informed) set of guidance for teaching practitioners who wish to consider a variety of ways in which technology can enrich their practice and the learning of their students. It integrates a wide range of example cases from different kinds of HE institutions and different academic disciplines, illustrating practicable pedagogies to a wide range of readers. It is full of advice, hints and tips for practitioners wanting to use technology to support a style of teaching and learning that is also built on sound pedagogical principles. It will provide a quick user-friendly reference for practitioners wanting to incorporate technology into Higher Education in a way that adheres to their learning principles and values .
This book is primarily for teaching practitioners, particularly those who are new to the industry.This book would also prove useful on training courses for practitioners; such as the Postgraduate Certificate for Higher Education. The authors also intend that the book be of value to newer teachers (perhaps taking teacher training programmes) who wish to see where recommended approaches link to pedagogy.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $52.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.