Vehicle Hill Tracks in Northern Scotland Ebook
Publication Date: August 2011
File Size: 178573 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 26.04% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
This book is the most comprehensive account on the spread of vehicle tracks on hill land in northern Scotland that has occurred since the mid 1950s. It reviews timing, numbers, locations, distribution and impacts including run-off, soils and vegetation. Then it provides an impartial analysis of the generally low standards of construction and reinstatement, with recommendations to minimise impacts and maximise reinstatement. Included is a brief history of public concern about tracks. This culminated in a petition and debate in the Scottish Parliament and a decision by the Government Minister to hold a consultative review of planning procedures relevant to the control of tracks. The current book constitutes a sound factual baseline and store of technical information, richly illustrated with 58 colour photographs. This will benefit all, including the government, planning officers, landowners and the public who appreciate and value the Scottish countryside and wish to leave this priceless heritage in good heart for the benefit of future generations. Unfortunately a recent ‘good practice guide’ published by Scottish Natural Heritage is inadequate. Therefore it is timely for this new report by an acknowledged expert to appear under the auspices of the North East Mountain Trust. The NEMT has also recently published an electronic version of the original maps that were drawn by the book’s author in 1982. The electronic version was a result of painstaking work by a member of NEMT. In addition, many members of NEMT and other mountaineers across Britain sent the author their observations on new tracks made in recent decades. The electronic version and this book form a complementary pair. They are a tribute to the value of unpaid dedicated volunteers among British mountaineers.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $25.88. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.