Voice for the World's Poor Ebook
Selected Speeches and Writings of World Bank President James D. Wolfensohn, 1995-2005
Publication Date: May 2005
File Size: 4743 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“As president of the World Bank, James Wolfensohn managed operations in almost 150 countries and was responsible for tens of billions of dollars in aid to the world’s poorest nations. During his ten years and visits to more than 120 countries, Wolfensohn tirelessly drew the world’s attention to the need to provide hope and a better future for the world’s poor. He transformed the World Bank, made it more open and transparent, and integrated the views of the poor into development planning. He also changed the face and the character of an institution that was previously seen by many as heartless and arrogant. By describing the challenge of development in terms of people, and not only numbers, Wolfensohn put the spotlight back on the World Bank’s real purpose – fighting global poverty and helping the world’s poor forge a better life. Voice for the World’s Poor brings together the most important and inspiring speeches and writings by James Wolfensohn during his time as World Bank president. Spanning all ten years of his presidency (1995-2005), the book presents Wolfensohn’s most stimulating and thought-provoking ideas on critical global issues including poverty, debt relief, corruption, HIV/AIDS, climate change, human rights, and globalization. Written during some of the most tumultuous times in recent history, Wolfensohn addresses and examines key global events and issues, from Bosnia’s reconstruction, the Asian financial crisis, and the rise of the antiglobalization movement to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the aftermath of the Iraq war, and the outpouring of help for the victims of the tsunami of December, 2004. Over 100 speeches, essays, and letters chart Wolfensohn’s thinking on development and his emergence as an advocate and voice for the world’s poor. This book will be an invaluable resource for anyone interested in international relations, international development, the World Bank, and James Wolfensohn himself.”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $25.87. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.