Wealth, Welfare and the Global Free Market: A Social Audit of Capitalist Economics Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: February 2016
File Size: 4247 Kbytes
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Can the free market system continue to operate in a traditional way in a world that is now globally connected, financially dysfunctional, and becoming environmentally damaged by excessive consumption? Can an alternative approach that respects human culture and values at least as much as it does profit be readily identified? In this rigorous critique, the author, who is a former member of a World Bank mission and adviser to the Turkish Prime Minister, suggests that the answer to both questions is ‘No’.
Emphasizing the distinction between wealth and welfare, Ozer Ertuna recognises that the search for a helpful way forward based on classical economic concepts, models and arguments is likely to prove fruitless. In this challenging book you are invited to consider that different approaches are needed.
Using a mixture of theory and practical examples, Professor Ertuna examines markets and international trade in the era of globalization from scientific, economic, cultural, philosophical and faith-based viewpoints. He explains how what he describes as ‘The Science of the 21st Century’ may be part of any new emergent order. His survey of the different perspectives details what is being proposed by the ‘Post Autistic Economics’ movement; the Nobel laureates of the Santa Fe Institute; ‘critical theoreticians’; environmentalists; and others. Vedic philosophy, other belief systems, and the significance of Anatolian culture may not be part of the usual discourse for business leaders, but as the role of business in society becomes ever more critical, an understanding of the range of perspectives brought to us by this book becomes increasingly essential.
Those with an academic interest in the issues addressed here, as well as business and community leaders, policy makers, and those in government and non-governmental organizations will want to read this valuable addition to Gower’s highly respected Corporate Social Responsibility Series.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $149.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.