Wearable Android: Android Wear and Google FIT App Development Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Build “Wearable” Applications on the Android Wear and Google Fit Platforms
This book covers wearable computing and wearable application development particularly for Android Wear (smartwatches) and Google Fit (fitness sensors). It provides relevant history, background and core concepts of wearable computing and ubiquitous computing, as a foundation for designing/developing applications for the Android Wear and Google Fit platforms. This book is intended for Android wearable enthusiasts, technologists and software developers.
- Gain insight into “wearables” in the modern consumer ecosystem of a multitude of devices, ubiquitous computing, cloud computing and intelligent personal assistants
- Learn the Android Wear and Google Fit APIs and jump-start hands-on development including: setting up an Android development environment suitable for Android Wear and Google Fit , setting up smartwatch and fitness devices for development and debugging , writing applications that install and execute on Android Wear (smartwatch) devices , and applications that run on your handheld Android devices and find and connect to fitness sensors and access fitness data, and more
- Catch up with the new Android 5.0 “Lollipop”, Android Studio and the gradle based build system
Learn how to write applications for smart watches and fitness sensors on the Android/Google ecosystem.
“Sanjay’s tome provides a comprehensive and timely treatment of the essential points of current Wearable technology and Android Wearable development techniques. The easygoing and comprehensive examples make this book a joy to discover and a delight to peruse. Highly recommended!”
Rudi Cilibrasi, Computer Scientist
"The text provides a rich and immersive overview of the field of Wearable computing that is solidified by the impressive set of examples. I was simultaneously entertained as well as educated, and would highly recommend this book to anyone that is looking to get started with Wearables."
- Nathan Blair, Software Engineer & Entrepreneur
Sanjay M. Mishra began programming in C on various flavors of Unix in the early 1990s. Over the years he has developed diverse software systems spanning web applications and services, messaging, VoIP, NoSQL databases, as well as mobile and embedded platforms. He has worked for companies such as Intertrust, Eyecon Technologies, CallSource, nVoc (formerly Sandcherry, Inc.) and the Starz Entertainment group.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $52.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.