Weather Reports, Forecasts & Flight Planning Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
WEATHER REPORTS, FORECASTS & FLIGHT PLANNING
Praise for previous editions: “The best new book on the subject…comprehensive, authoritative, and filled with examples and illustrations…beneficial to student pilots and pros alike.”—AOPA Pilot
“Lankford’s book does a much better job of helping pilots understand reports and forecasts than Aviation Weather Services. In addition, Lankford explains quite a bit of meteorology as he shows you how to understand written material and charts.”—Flight Training magazine
Whether you’re flying into the wild blue yonder, gray skies, or pitch-black night, Terry T. Lankford’s classic weather guide for pilots is your one indispensable source for clear meteorological information. In this easy-to-understand book, FAA Weather Specialist and 30-year veteran pilot Lankford gives pilots practical weather guidance for safer flights.
In WEATHER REPORTS, FORECASTS & FLIGHT PLANNING, you’ll find more than weather theory and simple assessment information. Terry Lankford gives you:
- Hands-on advice on pilot interpretation and application of diverse weather information
- The voice of experience in applying real-life techniques to specific information
- Pilot-tested, best-practice procedures for all types of conditions, forecasts, and flight planning
- Vital information on challenges such as vorticity, icing, low-level wind shear, thunderstorms, and turbulence
- A pilot-savvy understanding of the limitations and evolution of weather forecasting
- Clarifications of dangerous misunderstandings and misconceptions about weather forecasts and terminology
- The most efficient ways to get the meteorological information you need and make maximum use of FAA automated services
- Decoding of weather and NOTAM abbreviations
NEW IN THIS EDITION:
- Coverage of satellite imagery
- Completely updated to METAR format
- NEXRAD and Leading-Edge radar products
- National Weather Service procedures, techniques, reorganization
- Aviation Weather Channel web page help
- Mountain Wave Forecasts information
- Wind chill/comfort index
Providing the equivelant of in-depth experience in gathering, interpreting, and applying meteorological information, this book puts the goal of weather-wise piloting within easy reach. WEATHER REPORTS, FORECASTS & FLIGHT PLANNING will raise your confidence level as it raises your skills.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $34.20. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.