What the FACH?! ~ The Definitive Guide for Opera Singers Auditioning & Working in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (2nd Edition). Ebook
Publication Date: January 2011
File Size: 2861 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
If you are looking to expand your opera career to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland… If you want to work as a full-time singer (Fest) in one or more opera houses… If you are curious about what life is like as a singer in a German-speaking Fest ensemble… If you want to become fluent in German… What The FACH?! 2nd Edition (http://www.what-the-fach.com) gives you a detailed, first-hand look into life as an English-speaking opera singer in the German theater system. Written by a full-time opera singer working in Europe, this invaluable resource is a ‘must have’ for every singer wanting to break into the German-speaking opera world. The bestselling guide is back for its Second Edition with detailed information covering virtually everything you can think of, including everything you never thought to think of but still need to know! There are countless English-speaking singers already working in the German-speaking world, and with What The FACH?! 2nd Edition, you can have the knowledge they already possess in hand. READ WHAT OPERA PROFESSIONALS ARE SAYING… “…a comprehensive resource for decoding the mysteries of professional singing in Europe…”— HUGH RUSSELL, Canadian baritone “…without a doubt the best reference of its kind. …What the FACH?! answers the obvious and not-so obvious questions- in a concise and very funny way – that one comes across while working in Central Europe’s ‘Fest’ opera system…”— KATE ALDRICH, American mezzo-soprano “Any singer planning an audition trip to Germany should READ THIS BOOK FIRST! It will answer multiple questions, help in travel planning, seve them money AND prevent many headaches!”— KIRSTEN GUNLOGSON, American mezzo-soprano “Not only is this book a MUST HAVE for any singer who has considered going to Europe, it is also a wildly entertaining read!”— COREY MCKERN, American baritone “What the FACH?! is a witty, common sense approach to one of the most challenging endeavors for a developing artist in today’s operatic world. A nearly encyclopedic amount of information presented in a format that will keep you informed, inquisitive and amused.”— PATRICK CARFIZZI, American bass-baritone “What a valuable service for novice and well-traveled artists alike!”— GARNETT BRUCE, American stage director What you get with What the FACH?! 2nd EDITION… A 252 page survival guide detailing the most specific information to date for opera singers, conductors, stage directors, and pianists/accompanists, wanting to tour the German-speaking world An 18-page German/English Phrasebook and Dictionary specifically designed for opera singers, coaches, conductors, and stage directors Over 350 active hyperlinks to crucial Websites and documents, such as residence and work permit applications; tax documents; and much, much more In-depth interviews with working professionals. These interviews include singers, conductors, pianists, directors, opera administration, and a lengthy discussion with NYIOP Founder and CEO David Blackburn. A 7-page comprehensive glossary- prepared by a medical doctor – of any and all prescription and non-prescription medications that you might need. Generic names and specific brand names for individual countries are all included Personal, first-hand accounts and experiences to help you prepare for, and understand, what you will encounter
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $12.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.