What Works in Schools: Translating Research into Action Ebook
Publication Date: January 2003
File Size: 2218 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing 75 pages every 7 days is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 25.43% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Any school in the United States can operate at advanced levels of effectiveness-if it is willing to implement what is known about effective schooling. “If we follow the guidance offered from 35 years of research,” says author Robert J. Marzano, “we can enter an era of unprecedented effectiveness for the public practice of education.” In What Works in Schools: Translating Research into Action, Marzano synthesizes that research to provide clear and unequalled insight into the nature of schooling. Marzano defines the factors affecting student achievement and offers compelling answers to once-elusive questions: . How can schools set academic goals that do not underestimate student potential? . How critical are staff collegiality and professional development? . Do all students have equal opportunity to learn, given current curriculum requirements? . Supplemental versus required content-is there room for redefinition? . What types of parental and community involvement make a real difference? . What instructional strategies really work? . What influence can an individual teacher have (as separate from the influence of the overall school)? . How can teachers manage classrooms that promote positive student-and-teacher relationships? . How can teachers structure their curricula to better sequence and pace content? . Can teachers really overcome a student’s negative home environment? . How does an understanding of motivation theories help students and teachers overcome learning obstacles? . What specific learning strategies can enhance learned intelligence and background knowledge? In each chapter, Marzano recommends specific-and attainable-action steps to implement successful strategies culled from the wealth of research data. Schools can and do affect student achievement. In his latest work, Marzano leads the way in establishing positive approaches that can make the long-held dream of effective public education a reality.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $19.35. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.