Why Cows Learn Dutch: And Other Secrets of the Amish Farm Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
A fascinating look at life in a separatist society
“Laced with humor and delight, this intriguing account provides first-time glimpses into daily life on Amish farms.”- Donald Kraybill
In Why Cows Learn Dutch and Other Secrets of the Amish Farm, Randy James offers an engaging view of Amish farm life, society, and values. An agricultural extension agent for twenty years, James works closely with the Amish farmers of Geauga County, Ohio, the fourth largest Amish settlement in the world, and his narrative provides new, accurate information on the Amish and their farming practices.
This richly layered book is a collection of gentle, often humorous stories about the art, science, and tradition of farming as well as a probing analysis of the Amish farm business . James includes helpful, empirical descriptions of Amish farming practices and delves into the amazing economic efficiency of a work horse and the streamlined management and marketing system of a fifty-chicken flock. Accompanied with drawings by Amish artist Crist C. Miller, James recounts his experiences driving a massive team of Belgian draft horses, gathering thin cold sap to boil into delicate maple syrup, hand milking a Holstein cow, and praying with the family before a hearty midday meal.
Why Cows Learn Dutch_ illustrates an alternative business model in which small traditional farms are able to effectively compete in an industry dominated by huge corporate farms. It will appeal to those interested in the Amish lifestyle and farming practices.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $16.15. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.