Wind Power: 20 Projects to Make with Paper Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
A beginner’s guide to wind power and an invitation to experiment with wind and its potential as an energy source.
Wind-powered generators are now used worldwide as a reliable source of “green” energy. How does wind create power? What is wind? What scientific characteristics make pinwheels, windmills and wind turbines spin? What makes them turn faster and more efficiently? Will we ever see a day when every home is powered by its own wind generator? This new book answers these critical questions and many more in clear, non-technical language.
Wind Power provides 20 unique projects for youth that use, adapt and illustrate the power of the wind. Artist Clive Dobson provides a basic scientific understanding of wind power and the ways in which it can be harnessed for vital tasks that require energy.
The book encourages young readers to experiment with wind so they can experience the properties of moving air on various windmill shapes and discover through trial and error what makes them effective for toys, artwork, kinetic power and even for generating electricity.
This ideal beginner’s guide to the power of the wind offers:
- Real-life examples of wind power from history and current everyday uses
- 20 projects for all ages and skill levels, from a simple two-blade pinwheel to a sophisticated six-sail windmill to a modern turbine with airfoil blades
- Clear illustrations and photographs that complement the step-by-step construction instructions
- Hands-on experience that provides a clear understanding of scientific principles
- Inspiration for beginners to experiment with wind
- Reflections on the modern use of wind power in building a sustainable future
The creative challenges in this compact book of projects will inspire future generations to become more self-sufficient.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.55. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.