Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks: Technologies, Analysis and Design Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: July 2010
File Size: 3783 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
When choosing the technology options to develop a wireless sensor network (WSN), it is vital that their performance levels can be assessed for the type of application intended. This book describes the different technology options – MAC protocols, routing protocols, localisation and data fusion techniques – and provides the means to numerically measure their performance, whether by simulation, mathematical models or experimental test beds. Case studies, based on the authors’ direct experience of implementing wireless sensor networks, describe the design methodology and the type of measurements used, together with samples of the performance measurements attained.
The book will enable you to answer vital questions such as:
- How long will my network remain alive given the amount of sensing required of it?
- For how long should I set the sleeping state of my motes?
- How many sensors should I distribute to meet the expected requirements of the application?
- What type of throughput should I expect as a function of the number of nodes deployed and the radio interface chosen (whether it be Bluetooth or Zigbee)?
- How is the Packet Error Rate of my Zigbee motes affected by the selection of adjacent frequency sub bands in the ISM 2.4GHz band?
- How is the localisation precision dependant on the number of nodes deployed in a corridor?
Communications and signal processing engineers, researchers and graduate students working in wireless sensor networks will find this book an invaluable practical guide to this important technology.
“This book gives a proper balance between theory and application; it is a book for those R&D engineers that want to appreciate both why, how and in which domains Wireless Sensor Networks can be best applied.” – Fabio Bellifemine, Telecom Italia
“This book is a thorough and accessible exposition on wireless sensor networks with a good balance between theory and practice; it is valuable for both students and practicing engineers, and is an essential addition for engineering libraries.” – Professor Moe Win, Associate Professor at the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Only book to examine wireless sensor network technologies and assess their performance capabilities against possible applications
Enables the engineer to choose the technology that will give the best performance for the intended application
*Case studies, based on the authors’ direct experience of implementing wireless sensor networks, describe the design methodology and the type of measurements used, together with samples of the performance measurements attained
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $116.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.