Wolfpack Warriors: The Story of World War II's Most Successful Fighter Outfit Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
In the later years of the Second World War Germany was subjected to a tremendous onslaught by the bomber commands of both the RAF and USAAF, as well as being assaulted by land. For these twin strategies to succeed the Allies had to obtain and hold air supremacy over Western Europe. That this was achieved was predominantly the work of USAAF long-range fighters operating from the eastern shores of England, who thereby made a major contribution to victory. The 56th Fighter Group, or Zemke’s Wolfpack as they became known, more than any other, led the way and at the end of hostilities had the highest score of enemy aircraft shot down as well as having produced the top American fighter aces of the conflict. This is an account of why and how this famous unit became so successful and the way in which its ethos and spirit was forged. Although following a chronological path of training and operations, this book is not a dedicated unit history, the narrative being primarily concerned with the personnel, both pilots and ground crew. Some one hundred veterans have been contacted by the author over the past ten years of his research and many of their recollections and photographs are woven into the story, reflecting in candid fashion the thoughts and actions of the young fighting men of this ground-breaking unit. Roger A. Freeman is the author of more than fifty books on Second World War subjects and specialises in the men, aircraft and operations of USAAF. His interest stems from boyhood experiences including working on and around an airfield which housed the organisation that is the subject of this book.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $19.65. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.