Words Flower from One to Another Ebook
Publication Date: November 2011
File Size: 595 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Two of Australia’s most accomplished tanka artists collaborate in this bi-lingual (English / Japanese) collection. Saeko Ogi, whose primary language is Japanese but who is at home in English, and Amelia Fielden, whose primary language is English with wide experience in Japanese, write their tanka, in both languages, in response to those of the other. By linking ideas, suggestions and atmosphere, they give their tanka an interpersonal dimension and a cross-national flavour. The poems are sensitive, delicate and varied. This collection will be a source of enjoyment to the tanka aficionados in both countries, as well as those coming new to the form. Amelia Fielden Australian poet, Amelia Fielden, has a Master of Arts degree in Japanese Literature, and is a professional translator who also writes original English verse in the traditional Japanese tanka form. Specializing currently in the work of contemporary Japanese women poets, Amelia has translated sixteen such collections to date. In 2007 she was awarded the Donald Keene Prize For Translation of Japanese Literature by Columbia University, USA, for Ferris Wheel: 101 Modern and Contemporary Japanese Tanka (Cheng & Tsui, Boston). Amelia’s own tanka have been widely published in journals and anthologies,and awarded internationally. Six collections of her original poetry have appeared between 2002 and 2010, the most recent of them being Baubles, Bangles & Beads (2007) and Light On Water (2010). Also published in 2010 was Weaver Birds, a bilingual collaborative tanka diary created by Amelia and Japanese born Canberra poet, Saeko Ogi. Saeko Ogi Tokyo born Saeko Ogi, who graduated from Tokyo Woman’s Christian University, came to Australia in 1972. She has devoted herself to Japanese language teaching for twenty-five years in Canberra. After she retired from her teaching she took up writing tanka and watercolour painting. Currently she is a member of the Araragi-ha Tanka-kai in Japan. Since 2002 she has been involved in the translation of tanka, in association with Amelia Fielden; so far they have translated and published the tanka collections, Time Passes and The Maternal Line by Kawano Yuko, and The Time of This World- 100 tanka from 13 collections written by Kawano Yuko, selected by Oshima Shiyo. Also Doorway to the Sky and Breast Clouds by Tanaka Noriko.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $15.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.