World Class: Teaching and Learning in Global Times Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2014
File Size: 817 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
How have school curricula been affected by the ripple effects of globalization?
How do teachers and students attempt to understand their complex world?
Most states require world teaching in some form, yet little is known about how teachers and students engage in this critical curricular area. World Class: Teaching and Learning in Global Times directly fills this need by providing a detailed, inside look at global education in three high schools. The data from the study, drawn from extensive interviews and observations, illustrate the daily challenges and complexities of global teaching and learning.
Comprehensive yet scholarly, this volume:
*raises thought-provoking questions for both theorists and practitioners;
addresses controversial issues embedded in global education and throughout the social studies curriculum, such as the tension between universalism and cultural relativism, the problematic nature of identity in classroom discourse, and the apparent duality of national and global loyalties;
*connects issues particular to global education with wider scholarship in education;
examines the interplay of theory and practice in global education and, more broadly, the social sciences; and
*provides an exploratory and provocative look at dimensions of global civics, with an analysis of the events of 9/11/01 and how they have shaped global perspectives about living as one planet.
The book is organized in three parts—contexts, problems, and alternatives. Contexts allows readers to consider global education from multiple perspectives: teacher, student, administrator, community member, and scholar. _ Problems_ focuses on pedagogical challenges associated with global education. Alternatives provides reflection points that encourage readers to consider different ways we might converse about global teaching and learning.
Written for scholars, practitioners, and students in social studies, curriculum and instruction, global/multicultural education, and related fields, _ World Class: Teaching and Learning in Global Times_ is an excellent text for preservice and graduate-level courses in these areas.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $47.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.