You Can Choose To Be Happy: "Rise Above" Anxiety, Anger, and Depression Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: March 2010
File Size: 4561 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 21.01% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
You’ve probably seen many claims about how a book can improve your life. Thousands of people have provided supportive evidence for this book. It gives both clear how to information and evidence for its ideas. Even if you have a history of unhappiness or depression or are facing difficult circumstances, you can learn to be happier. For those who doubt they can affect their emotions, the book provides strong contrary evidence. The factors Dr. Stevens’ research identified are specific learnable beliefs and skills—not general, heritable traits. Each chapter teaches some of these factors about how to be happy and successful. The book is for people who value growth and self-development to become happier and healthier. Perhaps you want to improve self-esteem, positive thinking, assertiveness, autonomy, motivation, emotional control, relationships, self-control, or achievement. Chapters deal with these issues, but also deal with core issues underlying these problems. This book is for people who are serious about being happy. No matter how difficult your past history or current circumstances, striking insights into the causes of emotions can empower you to rise above negative emotions, and you can choose to be happy. Dr. Stevens combines expertise of 31 years as a psychologist with a philosophical-spiritual approach and his personal experience to make this an important book about achieving happiness. His research provides crucial, detailed support for these ideas not found in most self-help books. Yet, his clinical and personal experience helps him provide practical, detailed self-help advice. For more help, take his extensive, free online, Success and Happiness Attributes Questionnaire (SHAQ), based upon the book.The well-known author and PBS speaker, Dr. Wayne Dyer wrote that this book is, “A thorough presentation, rich in detail, yet very reader friendly. I enthusiastically endorse Tom Stevens’ book and recommend it as a powerful tool for human development.” He developed questionnaires on life skills and intimate relationships that tested many ideas later presented in this book. What he learned about happiness was the basis for his own happy marriage and life. It gave him new approaches to therapy that greatly enhanced his ability to help others. The first edition of this book was a result of his 40-year experiment. That’s why readers say things like, ● “It’s packed with insightful knowledge and expertise.” ●"All the personal experiences and skills I learned will stay with me forever." ● “I’m a self-help book ‘junkie’-I’ve read them all; and this is the best self-help book I’ve ever read.” ●"The book is a terrific combination of scholarship, superb information, and spirituality." ●100% of a reader test group said they would recommend the book to a friend—40% already had. They rated the book an average of 8.23 out of a possible 9.0 on a scale of “overall usefulness of the book.” After writing the first edition, Dr. Stevens wanted even more proof that the content of this book was valid, so he developed the free, online questionnaire, SHAQ (The Success and Happiness Attributes Questionnaire), by going through each chapter, taking each main idea, and turning it into questions. He correlated these questions (and related scales) with over 3400 SHAQ users’ emotional and life success measures. SHAQ scales correlated with Happiness, .87; with Low Depression, .73; with Low Anxiety, .68; with Low Anger-Aggression, .70; with Relationship Success, .70; and with good results for career success measures as well. Correlations this high are rarely found in this type of research. These dramatic results impelled Dr. Stevens to revise this book and include the results of his study and some other new sections.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.70. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.